This regiment of skilled skirmishes and marksmen confirms one local maxim: that men from the Wolds are either poachers, gamekeepers, or frequently both.
- Colonel: The Hon. Edward Drury-Packe
- Adjutant: Maj. Skipworth
- Garrisoned: Prestwold Hall Barracks
- Nickname(s): Lone Rangers, The Huntsmen
- Motto(s): Conversus ludo Surripiores custodes (Poachers turned game keepers)
- Marches: “A Hunting Call” (same as the 4th Regt), “The Melton Marksman”
- Battle Honours: Wasser-klo (1715), Melton Mowbray (1720), King’s Lynn (1733), Siege of Derby (1745), Carlisle (1751), Franzberg (1753).
N.B. This regiment is currently in the process of being re-raised and re-equipped…